Author Topic: need help with timed interval photos for installation  (Read 1040 times)

lily

need help with timed interval photos for installation
« on: June 19, 2005, 09:22:29 PM »
Hi,
I am working on a big installation that will be at the Soap Factory (Minneapolis) in July. People will interact with the piece, and I want to document the interactions with strategically placed cameras that will take print quality pictures at timed intervals (or triggered by motion/sound). If you have ideas of how this could be done, please let me know!

So far, what i have come up with is that i need to use a digital camera or video camera, using a computer to record/store. If you could recommend software or camera, that would be great. Here is some more info about the project:

Basically, I am building a life-sized, 3-d scrapbook (appearing as if it were all the way open, showing 2 full pages). Standing in for each of the photos in the scrapbook will be a kind of window with a stage behind it. The idea is that the commemorated experience is going to be reenacted and thus re-commemorated. The scrapbook will be 10' high and 20' long. I don't know if I could get it all with one camera or if I need 2. The show is 5 weeks long, and I think it is open 4 days a week. There is staff, and if the instructions are simple, they can turn stuff on/off each day. I assume that the opening night will have the most traffic, and so I want it all to work right from the get go.  I would like a print quality image from this, if at all possible. This will be installed in a room that is about 14'x30'.

I have/have access to:
A video camera
An older mac that I could leave there for the duration of the show

I am thinking about getting a new digital camera, so would be willing to put a couple hundred $ into that.

i would love to hear your ideas/feedback!
Thank you!!!
Lily

To see more about me and my work, visit:
http://www.lilycoxrichard.com