December will be an exciting month. We look forward to the positive things that will come to the artdc Gallery in the year to come. To celebrate, we will give back to the artists who support our activities by offering a Patrons' Exhibition. Patrons are invited to submit 5 works of art, and we'll pick at least one or more from each patron. Here's where it gets exciting: we'll allow patrons to submit another artist's work with their approval if the patron chooses to be a curator rather than an exhibitor.
What's so great about the this show? The month of December will include a Hyattsville open studio day, which attracts great attention, on December 12th. We had a similar event in May during the arts festival and managed to sell over 20 works of art! This was unheard of as far as I'm concerned. We'd like to develop the same kind of energy.
It would be our goal to hang at least 50 works of art.
There will a lot going on during the reception. In addition to our Patrons' show, we're planning a cash and carry event, during which we'd also like to schedule lectures and performances to make this an amazing experience.Become a patron member of artdc and exhibit your work in our annual Patrons’ Show at the artdc Gallery in Hyattsville!
For a minimum donation of $35, artdc.org patrons enjoy a number of benefits—access to patron-only forum topics on artdc.org, opportunities to help guide the direction of the organization and its activities, the good karma that comes from promoting emerging artists and energizing the DC art scene, and of course, a guaranteed spot in our December '09 Patrons’ Show.
You don’t have to be an artist to participate—as a patron member you can instead curate the work of one of your favorite artdc.org artists. (contact us if you have questions about this)
Our first Patrons’ Show will happen in December—an exciting month with a Hyattsville open studio day on December 12th. We sold over 20 works from the artdc gallery on the last open studio day in May!
To get involved:
1.Become a patron of artdc.org.
2. Send up to five jpeg images of your work (or the work of the artist you’re curating) to fineartventures (at) gmail (dot) com . Make sure the jpegs are 1500x1500 px or less and the file names include your name. The framed physical work should be no larger than 24” high x 30” wide. You may submit 3d work, but our floor space is limited, you must supply an approved pedestal. Contact us for details fineartventures (at) gmail (dot) com .(please include the title, 'Patron Member's Submission.')
3. We will select one or more of your submitted works to display in the show. Members will be notified of the final selection by December 1st.
4. Deadline for submissions: 11/15/09
5. Be at the gallery on December 6, 2009 to help hang the show, or make arrangements to deliver your work ahead of time.
6. When you deliver your work, it must include a removable tag on the back of your work with the Title, Artist's Name, Price, Materials,
and contact information
and phone number
7. Come to the reception on December 12th, and invite your friends!
8. Deinstall on January 3, 2010.
Fine Art Ventures, LLC will not charge a commission on sold works for this show. All sales will be conducted directly between the artist and the collector. Fine Art Ventures, LLC will be pleased to provide contact info to collectors. There is an optional 10% suggested donation after the sale of any work if the artist wishes to further contribute to our activity.
We invite patron members to get involved in planning activities for the open studio day and reception on December 12th. We’d love to have lectures, performances, and perhaps an artists’ market. The discussion is happening right now on our patron members’ forum! Become a patron member today and join in!
About the space:
The artdc Gallery is located in the burgeoning Arts District of Hyattsville, MD, just outside the District of Columbia. Our light-filled space in the storefront of the Lustine Center, a striking, re-imagined 50's car dealership, anchors this lively street of shops, restaurants, independent businesses, and artist studios. For more information, visit the gallery web site http://artdc.com/art-space/
Directions to space can be found on artdc.com or use this google map to create your own directions.
Transit via metro:
Prince Georges Plaza Metro Stationhttp://wmata.com/rail/station_detail.cfm?station_id=78
From Prince Georges Plaza Metro Station,
Take the F8 BUS towards CHEVERLY
Stop at Jefferson St and Baltimore Ave. (note this is a block or two past the gallery)
Stop at , walk to the gallery. (Gallery is near the intersection of Longfellow and Baltimore ave. See the map)View artdc Art Scene Map in a larger maphttp://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106452436205793032856.000470593d00321a23aea&source=embed&ll=38.957628,-76.940163&spn=0.00249,0.004313&z=18