Author Topic: To print your web page?  (Read 656 times)

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
    • jessecohen.com
To print your web page?
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:35:49 AM »
Alright, so here's the question.  Often, I do a web search and find my own answers, but I'm hitting a brick wall here.  So every once in a while a blog writes about us, and recently, due to the last job search, I decided to try to keep a printed version of press clippings.  If I print a blog, even when selecting print background images, it looks like crap.  The background is missing, the text is often the wrong color, and other spacing issues. 

So with access to both macs and PC's I find away to do a print screen or grab, then use Adobe Acrobat to print across multiple pages.  Or I'll capture individual portions with an addon in Firefox.  None the less, this is a PITA.  I would love a one shot option to just print what I see in the browser. 

Have you found any solutions?

Offline EdHahn

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • Photos...
Re: To print your web page?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
On the Mac, you can print to .pdf.  This generally gives me a file that looks identical to the browser window.  I'm sure similar capabilities exist for Windows, but may or may not be built into the browser.

ed

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
    • jessecohen.com
Re: To print your web page?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:47:44 AM »
You know, that would make sense, but that doesn't work on a number of blogs with a lot of CSS.  I've tried, but it's not complete.  You can google my galo article, but it wasn't clean, so I had to do the screen capture..