Author Topic: The Collector 2.0  (Read 1542 times)

Offline ArtByAWang

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • Art By A Wang
The Collector 2.0
« on: June 10, 2012, 05:56:48 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised when I went to refill my business cards and pamphlets yesterday afternoon.  I saw a note from "The Collector 2.0"  The note said, "You are very creative. I like your work."

Does anyone know who The Collector 2.0 is?  I would like to send a thank you note.

Thanks, Artomatic friends.
James Wang, Abstract Mixed Media Artist
artbyawang@gmail.com

Offline hagenillustration

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
    • hagenillustration
Re: The Collector 2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:47:47 AM »
I saw The Collector 2.0 putting out slips with a sidekick on my volunteer shift Friday night.
Nothing gets past this veteran floor-walker!
...But their secret is safe with me.

Offline ArtByAWang

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • Art By A Wang
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 07:51:24 AM »
I saw The Collector 2.0 putting out slips with a sidekick on my volunteer shift Friday night.
Nothing gets past this veteran floor-walker!
...But their secret is safe with me.

Oh, com'on...can't you tell me so I can thank The Collector...I will be forever grateful...
artbyawang@gmail.com

Offline AHendricks

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 08:34:26 AM »
I've seen him also but I don't know who he is.

Decription:

White male about 6'2, 275 pounds, goatee about 50 years of age. Last seen wearing a black top hat and black magicians cape with a red satin lining. Walks with a limp (left leg).

His asssitant/side kick is a troll rescued from under the 14th street bridge prior to the demolision of the old span. Described as about 4'0 with flaming red hair that sticks up about 2 feet off the top of his head. Easily recognizable by a crooked nose and unsightly worts on his face. Try not to stare as he has a set of nasty teeth and spits when he talks so please keep your distance. Troll spit, I hear, is toxic and has been rumored to turn people into trolls.

Offline Rogerrr

• Uber Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
version 2.0 ??

I knew it...the Collector is a robot from the future

Offline Arty4ever

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
  • Custom Illustration, Design & Offbeat Fine Art
    • View Profile
    • Arty4ever.com - Hire a freelance artist!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »
I'm guessing that "2.0" is an attempt by "The Collector" to turn over a new leaf. If "The Collector" is a robot then it was certainly in need of a reboot. (Personally I would have preferred an unplugging and scrap heap approach.)

If you really want the full story you can search the archives here or read the blog posted last month by the Washington Glass School which dug out all the skeletons from the closet: http://washingtonglass.blogspot.com/2012/05/artomatic-gets-ready-get-ready-for.html

Some of the suspects were Tim Tate, Michael Janis, Jesse Cohen, and Kirk Waldroff.
They all denied they had any part.

There are other mysterious Artomatic characters who are much better like the amazing "Brash" who gives us poetry or the good-hearted "Benefactor" who gives encouragement in various positive ways ...but what did the "The Collector" give us? A weird manifesto, some press about art being taken and held for ransom, and a lot of drama and nonsense that I wish could be forgotten.
Michael J. Auger
http://Arty4ever.com

Offline ArtByAWang

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • Art By A Wang
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 01:27:06 PM »
Wow!  So for my first AOM, I've been Brashed and Collected!  Can I use them as verbs?  If not, I'm going to anyway...

So, now I wait to see if The Benefactor will grace me with his/her presence....
artbyawang@gmail.com