Author Topic: Webcomic Review  (Read 1287 times)

Offline curls-studio

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • Curls Studio
Webcomic Review
« on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:16 PM »
Hello artdc.org Community,

I create a webcomic called "Curls" - right now I am taking a small hiatus, but it will be back shortly. During this time I would like for people to look through the archives and provide feedback. I'm specifically interested in what DC Conspiracy has to say because I have respect for the creators involved in the DC area.

Here are some questions that run through my head: What can I do better with the comic? The website? What do you like? Is there anything you don't understand? How can I take Curls to the next level? Comments on the characters... Or any other suggestions you have...

If you are a comics reader, I greatly appreciate your response.

Here is where you can find Curls: www.curls-studio.com/curls

If you feel like emailing me privately, my email is info@curls-studio.com.

Thank you,
Carolyn

Offline Cygnus-M

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Webcomic Review
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »
Hi !

I took some time to go through your website and this is what I found.

• I started from your first comic and went through a couple of them and then switched to your latest ones and found your artwork has improved quite a bit. The inking is much better and the characters are smoother. Its almost as if you changed your software.
  • The font is much better in the new comics.
  :smt001
  • Colors look good. Some comics work great in B&W some work better with colors.
  • I like the shading and lighting in some of the strips.
  • The only thing that I would change is the Navigation of the comic. Its too small, imo. I would make it slightly bigger and centered so that its easy to see. I saw the blog directly beneath it and found the navigation link a second later a little to the right and it gets overpowered by the CURLS STUDIO STORE font which is bigger and therefore draws the eye
  • You could either increase the font or use images to make it stand on it own. Or just move the rest of the content down using a DIV so that the rest of the content on the site is a tad lower, thereby giving the comic
:: Website ::

Offline curls-studio

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • Curls Studio
Re: Webcomic Review
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »
Hi Cygnus-M,

Thanks for your input. I will certainly review and consider your suggestions. The navigation is key.

Carolyn