Author Topic: 11th floor artists - The Penthouse  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Arty4ever

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
  • Custom Illustration, Design & Offbeat Fine Art
    • View Profile
    • Arty4ever.com - Hire a freelance artist!
11th floor artists - The Penthouse
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
I almost went with a space on 9 but finally decided on a nifty space on the 11th floor in the NorthWest section 1. Big thank you to Tom and Tracy for their help with my selection. (My official Wayfinder ID is:  11-1-01-0141)

I was able to take over a small room that I will be transforming into a blacklight-reactive environment displaying my offbeat paintings.  I'm looking forward to another amazing Artomatic!!

So....  who else is on the top floor? 
Michael J. Auger
http://Arty4ever.com

Offline dagamon

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 11th floor artists - The Penthouse
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:19:39 AM »
11th floor, representing.

Offline jknoxyoder

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »
I am on the 11th floor too! Sharing a small room with my friend Carole, who is also a photographer. I hear there will be a camera obscura built in the room adjoining ours. Yay photography!

Offline artinformation

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 05:24:29 PM »
Tariq is on the 11th floor also.  Thank you Tom for all of your help. Can't wait to see everyone and their work.

Offline Rogerrr

• Uber Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »
camera obscura room?  awesome!!!   I was thinking of making a small camera obscura before I got sucked into the time-machine-dinosaur thing....maybe if I decide to skip sleep for the next month I can still do it, but I don't really have the right view....I think a camera obscura with a longish lens pointed at the airport would be incredible

Offline mishka

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mishkajaeger.com
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 07:30:27 PM »
Yayyy Penthouse! I'm sharing a room with two other artists whom I don't yet really know yet but the works on their websites look really great.
My official: 11-3-03-0262 (also known as "the room with the big 3 in it on the floorplan")
-Mishka

Offline mike_c

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »
I figured the 11th floor would be TOO maze-like, but I did a walk through anyway. Stumbled across a room with a comfortable scale, well lit, and a great view overlooking the airport, and Capitol: 11-NE-02-230.

Kind of risky. I mean I'm not sure if many visitors will find their way there -- and actually step inside!  Well, I guess I'll have to do whatever I can to direct people to find it. 

I don't even know who I'm sharing the room with yet. Should be interesting! http://www.artomatic.org/user/220

Offline rebound designs

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rebound-designs.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »
I'm in space 110366.  It's a little tiny room all for me.  I was looking for wall space, but everything I liked was long gone by 11 am Saturday morning, so I took the plunge with a few extra shifts and got a room of my own. 

Now I just have to figure out what I'm doing with it....

Offline maryjartist

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 07:12:02 PM »
I'm on the 11th floor, too.  I know it will be wonderful.  Say hello if you are in the NW corner or anywhere else.  This is my first time with Artomatic and I am expecting it to be the best and nothing less than fun and success.

Offline Rogerrr

• Uber Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
I think plenty of people will explore 11 even if it is a maze...the views are fantastic!!

can't wait to see what everyone does up there

Offline BarryS

• Uber Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
Lot's of visitors head straight for the top floor and work their way down.  The 11th floor also has (by far) the greatest density of artists, so it should be really active.   Everyone is invited to chill in the Directors Office.  :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:43:06 PM by BarryS »
Artomatic 2012 Event Director  Civilian

Offline sagworks

• Established Poster
  • My art is what happens when you run with scissors.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sagworks.com
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »
Took me 1.5 hrs to find a space, started at 11 - did not find anything I liked, worked my way down but ended back up on 11. Tom found me the space actually!

Wayfinder ID:   11-2-02-0253-2D

It is close to the Elevator, decently lit (will likely add some lights), clean, and in a larger open room. Think I worked out what I'll be displaying - just have to get it all installed and find my AOM display items that I've been using for years.

Offline Tracy Lee

• Uber Poster
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »
Lot's of visitors head straight for the top floor and work their way down.  The 12th floor also has (by far) the greatest density of artists, so it should be really active.   Everyone is invited to chill in the Directors Office.  :)

i want to see this magical 12th floor of which you speak  :smt112

and Director's office?  I still haven't figured out where everything is as far as the stages and workshop rooms for this event, but I guess I've got time

Offline mike_c

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »
I'm psyched that many of my favorite artists have selected space on the 11th floor!

Looking forward to see what sort of environment  Caitlin Phillips will create for her "Rebound Designs" books-to-accessories works. It will be hard to top her previous year's creative Artomatic display.  Also, I see that  Matt Sesow and Dana Ellyn staked out a place in the NW corner to display their paintings. Sherill Anne Gross / SAG Works cut paper designs have been a long time favorite of mine.  Watch out though, Sherill runs with scissors!

Offline RicGarcia

• Patron
  • Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • ricgarcia.mosaicglobe.com
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 09:13:11 AM »
I'm on this floor too. Lots of cool people some I know--and excited to reconnect with-- others I look forward to meeting. :smt004

Offline Mark5four0

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
    • TheSchubox.com
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 11:27:05 AM »
11th Floor in the big room on the non-airport side. I thought the bigger room would attract more people. It's exciting to see the artists that will be around me there. Good luck everyone!

Offline BarryS

• Uber Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 01:53:03 PM »
I've got some sort of dyslexia/cognitive issue that causes me to believe we have a 12th floor.  However, just like Nigel's amps--Artomatic goes to 11.

Yes, Directors Office--refuge, installation, lab, pop-up lounge, and secure command bunker.

-Barry

i want to see this magical 12th floor of which you speak  :smt112

and Director's office?  I still haven't figured out where everything is as far as the stages and workshop rooms for this event, but I guess I've got time
[/quote

Offline jknoxyoder

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 02:39:36 PM »
Barry doesn't your "door" on the 9th floor lead to the 12th floor?

Offline BarryS

• Uber Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
Barry doesn't your "door" on the 9th floor lead to the 12th floor?

I wish it led to a good hiding place--people seem to be confusing me with a human pinata instead of an overworked volunteer director.  :)

Offline Mark5four0

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
    • TheSchubox.com
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
Finished installing last night and then took a quick tour around the 11th floor. WOW, I was blown away by the quality and quantity of Art! It's really exciting (and overwhelming) to be in the company of such awesome artists.

Great Job everyone!

-Mark