Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Regional Juried Exhibition
Hill Center Galleries presents the closing reception for the annual Hill Center Galleries Regional Juried Exhibition prior to the show s end on October 1.

09/19/2017 at 7:30pm until 09/19/2017 at 9:00pm
Hill Center
921 Pennsylvania Ave SE, Washington, DC 20003
https://www.scenesquid.com/events/hill-center-galleries-closing-reception/599b34b86e8cfb6c8d000005
Free
General Art Discussion / Interview Opp
« Last post by ufaforwork0 on Today at 11:25:40 AM »
Got a show coming up? Just wanna get some exposure? I'd love to pick your brain via email! Interviews will be posted here and my blog/facebook (and of course your blog/facebook if you want to do so).
ทางเข้าufabet 
If you'd like to take part, I invite you to answer about 5 of the following questions in a reply email to lboocks@yahoo.com. Please let me know if you have any questions (either about the whole idea, or a question you'd like to answer that I didn't think of).

Thanks for considering this! - Lori Anne
สมัครufabet
1. (For those with shows on the horizon) What's your favorite piece from your upcoming show and why?

2. What's the one thing you'd like people who aren't familiar with you/your work to know about you?

3. Do you paint intuitively, with a hardcore plan, or somewhere in between?

4. Who is your biggest influence and why?

5. (For those with shows on the horizon) For this show, did you do anything differently... new techniques, subject matter, palette, etc.?

6. Where do you see the DC art scene in five years? In ten?

7. What do you feel is the best thing about being an artist in the DC area?

8. What challenges does the DC area present for local artists?

8. If you could wish for one major change in the local art scene, what would it be?

9. What's your favorite part about being involved an artdc forum member?

10. A lot of artists have that one piece in their studio that they would never ever sell. Tell us about yours.
Openings, Art Show Listings, Events, and Meetings / RESIST: Opening Reception
« Last post by SceneSquid on August 09, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »
Nationally Jurried Reception
Come RESIST with us!

08/31/2017 at 6:00pm until 08/31/2017 at 8:00pm
Busboys and Poets
1025 5th St NW, Washington, DC 20001
https://www.scenesquid.com/events/resist-opening-reception/598b67ad773710661d000019
Free
Saturday, September 16, 8 pm
Indulge in a page-turning evening with music inspired by the cult classic film, photo ops, pulp-to-paper demonstrations, a cash bar with  adrenaline shots,  thematic munchies,  a seductive silent auction, and other juicy surprises.

09/16/2017 at 8:00pm until 09/16/2017 at 1:00am
Pulp Fiction at Pyramid Atlantic: A "Paper" Anniversary
4318 Gallatin St, Hyattsville, MD 20781
https://www.scenesquid.com/events/pulp-fiction-at-pyramid-atlantic-a-paper-anniversary/598b3a4f7737105d90000004
$35 - $40
https://www.melbikowski.com/event/meditation-sept-6/

“I honor my compassionate, Intuitive nature, my imagination, & my fluidity”

On September 6th, I will be introducing the Full Moon Meditation with a leading Meditation as well as appetizers that will connect with the energy of the Full Moon. This event will honor the energy of the Pisces Full Moon at my studio at Olly Olly.

These meditations have been created to create an open space where we can collectively center our energy and connect and listen to the voice within, so that we have optimal creative energy in every aspect of our lives.

For the Meditation, I will be talking specifically about how the Pisces Moon affects ourselves universally and personally. These tools will guide us into remaining focused on connecting with our intuitive development and continue to allow us to flow on the river of our own personal rainbow beam.

I am suggesting a donation of $5.00 for this workshop and group only so that it can be contributed to the food. ♥

Meditation on the Full Moon allows us to honor the voice that is within and understand our deeper connection with our emotions and our one universal human soul. Sometimes our souls can get muddled up with everyday life, but if we sit still with one another we can create a space of vast and limitless energy that can connect us to our cosmogony within. I will be holding a Meditation based on the horoscope of the Full Moon every month at my studio at Olly Olly in Old Town, Fairfax.

Please join us and feel free to bring along creative projects, journals, or anything that you might want to share or hold tight to you while you connect closer to your true nature.

SCHEDULE:

September 6th- Full Moon in Pisces- Wednesday, 8-9pm
Leading Workshop with Mel Bikowski
Bring your own pillow/seat/crystal/journal
Short Tarot Spread Reading

Olly Olly
10417 Main St. 2nd Floor
Fairfax, VA 22030

Sign up for my email list to stay tuned on the dates for the monthly full moon meditations that will be hosted at my studio at Olly Olly in Old Town Fairfax. Follow my Facebook or Instagram to keep up with my artwork!
Openings, Art Show Listings, Events, and Meetings / Three Millennia of Jewish Art
« Last post by SceneSquid on August 08, 2017, 10:00:51 AM »
A Talk with Ori Soltes
Georgetown University art historian Ori Soltes walks audiences through 3,000 years of Jewish art and architecture. A staggeringly complete investigation of what it means to define a work of art as  Jewish art .

09/14/2017 at 7:30pm until 09/14/2017 at 9:00pm
Edlavitch DCJCC
1529 16th St NW, Washington, DC 20036
https://www.scenesquid.com/events/three-millennia-of-jewish-art/5989cf66bffd3be6e300000a
$10
Artist opportunities / Parks & Points Fall Essay Contest-11/1/17 deadline
« Last post by Amy on August 04, 2017, 09:07:59 PM »
From the Parks & Points website:

Our annual fall essay contest invites nonfiction submissions of up to 1,500 words in the form of autobiographical essay, reportage, profile, memoir, or narrative nonfiction. We seek essays that express a moment of significance — personal transformation, awakening, adventure, exploration, reward, accomplishment, revelation — that is inspired by or set within a park space or public land. Essays need not be about a U.S. national park—national forests, municipal and state parks, BLM lands, beaches, lakeshores, campgrounds, designated woodlands—and more—are great subjects. Also note that the writer does not need to be the subject of the essay. First, second and third place entries will be published on Parks and Points, as will the names of finalists. All entries are considered for publication.

Winners will be selected by contest judge Melissa Faliveno, Senior Editor of Poets & Writers magazine.

The submission deadline is November 1, 2017, 11:59 p.m. E.D.T. 

PRIZES

We have chosen prizes that we hope will support your impulse to travel:

1st Place  $250 Southwest Airlines gift card
2nd Place $150 Marriott gift card
3rd Place  $50 AirBnB gift card
Honorable Mention awardees will receive a copy of the book Crown Jewel Wilderness, The Making of North Cascades National Park, by Lauren Danner

CONTEST RULES

Winners will be announced by November 30, 2017 and published on Parks and Points shortly thereafter.
Submissions of original and previously unpublished work should be no more than 1,500 words. Facebook and blog posts are considered “published” writing.
Upon publication all rights to written work will revert to the author. 
A $3 submission fee is required to enter. Multiple entries are permitted, but each requires a separate entry.

http://www.parksandpoints.com/fall-writing-contest/
The don't miss event of the summer!
You pick the date, donate the ticket price, and help Dupont Underground continue to providing exciting arts and educational programs for the DC community.

08/25/2017 at 5:00pm until 08/31/2017 at 9:00pm
Dupont Underground
19 Dupont Cir NW, Washington, DC 20036
https://www.scenesquid.com/events/up-from-the-underground-beyond/598372d3e9ac41660a000004
$28 - $50
The Howard County Arts Council is now accepting submissions for Art Howard County 2017. If you are a visual artist, 18 years of age or older, who lives, works or studies in Howard County, MD, you are eligible to apply to this biennial, juried exhibit.  The juror for Art Howard County 2017 is Thomas Engleman, Gallery Director and Professor of Visual Arts at Howard Community College. Details for entry are available in the Exhibit Opportunities section of the Arts Council website, for pick-up at the Howard County Center for the Arts, or by mail by calling 410-313-2787 or emailing info@hocoarts.org. The deadline for submissions is 11:59p.m. on Thursday, August 31, 2017.

Art Howard County 2017 will be on display in Gallery I at the Howard County Center for the Arts from November 3 through December 15, 2017. A free public reception on November 10 from 6-8 p.m. will include juror remarks as well as the presentation of a minimum of $500 in juror awards. 

To apply, visit the Exhibit Opportunities page in the Opportunities for Artists & Arts Groups section at hocoarts.org.

Howard County Arts Council
8510 High Ridge Road
Ellicott City, MD 21043
410-313-2787 | info@hocoarts.org
Hyattsville CDC + Gateway CDC with the support of the Maryland State Arts Council, are developing a Press Outreach Toolkit that will offer Gateway Arts District stakeholders the ability to access an online, nationwide press/media contact database called Cision

RSVP to attend a Public Info Session and to learn more

Monday, August 7th, 7p-8p   Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center
Thursday, August 17th, 7p-8p   Gateway Media Arts Lab
Saturday, November 4th 2p-3p   Brentwood Arts Exchange, part of the “Making it as an Artist” Series of Professional Development Workshops

Head to http://mygatewayarts.org/work/toolkit for more information.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10