Author Topic: Art Jam Session  (Read 1355 times)

jtwblack

Art Jam Session
« on: May 17, 2005, 06:31:01 PM »
I was online recently just goofing off, and I saw some really  cool work where different artists worked together on one piece, I dont know if anyone mentioned it before but I think thats awesome. I know that NYC  indymedia's print group hosted something like that.

From a cartoon point of view I've worked narrative corpses , but I think it might be phat to add photography and other artistic mediums to the mix. I dont know if its possible, but if done right it might come out tight!

Offline britishink

• Established Poster
  • Maker of Memories and Repairer of Regrets
    • View Profile
    • Britishink Custm Tattoos
Art Jam Session
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:30:51 AM »
It's done at many of the higher end tattoo conventions, different artists, different styles and always an interesting product.

Count me in.
www.britishinkdc.com

All Custom, All the Time

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
That's an interesting thought
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 09:39:04 AM »
That's an interesting thought.  Was it a Tattoo jam session?  That could be a hell of a crazy sight to see 10 guys working on one peice?  

There is a colaborative project going on right now with marsha stein's synergy project.  There isn't a whole lot of organized colaborative projects in the area.  What did you have in mind as a subject?  If there is enough interest, we can plan an event at the Takoma art in transition space.

Offline britishink

• Established Poster
  • Maker of Memories and Repairer of Regrets
    • View Profile
    • Britishink Custm Tattoos
Art Jam Session
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:16:09 AM »
Colaborative tattoos do happen, but rarely, and certainly not with 10 artists.
As a tattooist I also paint, sketch, sculpt, build, design and create in any one of countless mediums. All of these techniques enhance the tattoo process.
 "Art-fusion" , as it's known in the tattoo circles, allows each artist to inspire and challenge one another. A theme is established, say, the seven deadly sins, and you have a limited amount of time on each canvas/page, then switch it around.

Bring it on...
www.britishinkdc.com

All Custom, All the Time

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
big canvas..
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 10:50:06 AM »
We had been talking about a group interactive thing to get the visitors involved too.  Though plans fell through.  Mainly I think it would really need some underlying structure.  What were the events like at the tattoo convention?