Author Topic: introductions  (Read 40648 times)

Offline lisakrose

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
    • View Profile
Re: introductions
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2008, 07:45:40 PM »
I'm Lisa K. Rosenstein, always been an artist. one of my first conscious memories is telling my mom i was going to be an artist when i grew up, i also thought i'd be an army nurse, but that was just because i was trying to figure out how to be a boy without actually being one!

I'm a wife and mother of three, got my afa from the corcoran at the age of 47. The corcoran taught me how to create the ideas  in my mind in a very deliberate and well finished way. I do a lot of mixed media, small pen and inks, collage and photography.

I have a blog
lisakrosenstein@blogspot.com
I write on it about once a week
I'm also on Facebook
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:12:48 PM by lisakrose »

Offline mdailey77

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 05, 2008, 09:27:18 AM »
I've been a member of artdc.org for a few months now but I never got around to formally introduce myself. My name is Matt Dailey and my main interest is digital photography. I've been doing photography for awhile now. My first foray into this hobby was when I took a black and white photography course in college, back when they used this medium called film. I eventually transitioned to digital photography. I've now gone into creating photoshop art. I manipulate photos I have taken and create some totally different. In the last two years I've taught myself how to use Photoshop and now it's my favorite piece of software. I also enjoy taking pictures of events. I've covered protests, rallies, political fundraisers, and festivals. I would like to keep my photography a hobby, but perhaps turn it into a nice side job. Some day I would like to display in a gallery.

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
    • jessecohen.com
« Reply #182 on: August 05, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »
Thanks so much for the introductions.  Welcome!

Offline PopArt Shooter

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 12, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »
I'm Andrew.

I'm a contemporary art photographer.

Thanks.

Offline TRosenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2008, 04:26:43 PM »
Hello, I'm Tarkan. Just became a member today. I studied fine art photography at the San Francisco Art Institute and currently reside in Washington D.C. I'm originally from Germany and have Turkish roots as well. Much of my work consists of landscapes and family portraits. Nice to meet you all.

Offline mherman

• Established Poster
  • I make art
    • View Profile
    • The Microscope
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2008, 03:08:25 AM »
Hi there! I'm Michelle Herman and I recently moved to DC from Baltimore. I graduated from the Maryland Institute College of Art in May with my BFA in General Fine Art and Art History (double major).

I consider myself an interdisciplinary artist as I tend to work in EVERYTHING. I spend a few months doing this, then a few doing that, then a few trying to combine everything together. Most recently I have been working in 16mm film and some digital video. One of my videos will actually be on display for several months soon at the Smithsonian and the Kennedy Center. Its part of the VSA's Green Light Exhibition.

My senior thesis work was an interactive multi-media installation. I created several 16mm stop motion films of 'fractal bacteria' that were projected onto two walls. In the middle of the two projections was a television with a live video feed from a spy camera hidden in a microscope. I built a lab table and laboratory with prop like elements viewers could interact with such as petri dish sculptures that could be viewed with a 'special' light, a microscope that could be peered into (thus causing a closeup shot of your eye to appear on the tv),  and some literature for viewers to read. I really wanted the installation to be interactive and fun for everyone to explore. I'll have a deeper description of this installation up later.

I think thats a nice short intro, oh! one last thing... I really need a job so if anyone out there needs an artist assistant, i have plenty of experience! Thanks! :smt100

Offline J. L. Grillo

• Uber Poster
  • Paper Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2008, 02:14:53 PM »
Michelle sounds like you've got quite an artistic range! Welcome to DC. Let us know when the Green Light Exhibition is out so we can see your work in person. (^_^)

Offline mherman

• Established Poster
  • I make art
    • View Profile
    • The Microscope
« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2008, 10:12:57 PM »
Thank you for the welcome, John. Either artist range or medium ADD...Im not sure which, lol.

I have posted the VSA shows on the calendar...but here it is for convenience:
September 1 – November 7, 2008 – selections from the awardees of VSA arts/Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. program “Green Light” in the Kennedy Center Hall of States
September 17, 2008 – January 4, 2009 – debut of “Green Light”, annual juried art exhibition of emerging artists with disabilities (ages 16-25) sponsored by Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. at the S. Dillon Ripley Center, Smithsonian Institution   

Offline jennifer

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
    • View Profile
    • jennifer beinhacker - art outside the edge
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2008, 04:22:45 AM »

hey michelle...nice to have met you. look forward to seeing you and your work.

jennifer
jennifer beinhacker
"art outside the edge"
http://jenniferbeinhacker.com/home.html

flickr.com : http://www.flickr.com/photos/30462932@N07/

Offline c.d.e.

• Patron
  • Established Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2009, 02:52:24 AM »
I'm Lisa K. Rosenstein, always been an artist. one of my first conscious memories is telling my mom i was going to be an artist when i grew up, i also thought i'd be an army nurse, but that was just because i was trying to figure out how to be a boy without actually being one!

I'm a wife and mother of three, got my afa from the corcoran at the age of 47. The corcoran taught me how to create the ideas  in my mind in a very deliberate and well finished way. I do a lot of mixed media, small pen and inks, collage and photography.

I have a blog
lisakrosenstein@blogspot.com
I write on it about once a week
I'm also on Facebook

kudos to you Lisa for pursuing your dream, destiny, and reality.

Edit: fixed bbcode
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:18:33 AM by Jesse »

Offline CelestialOceana

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2010, 10:55:56 AM »
Hi y'all! I am a photographer located in Reston VA. I have been doing this for a short time, but I already know it is what I want to do when I grow up. Of course I am over 30, but still like that way that sounds. So Cheerio, see you in cyberspace.

Offline Arty4ever

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
  • Custom Illustration, Design & Offbeat Fine Art
    • View Profile
    • Arty4ever.com - Hire a freelance artist!
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
Welcome to artdc.org!   

:smt080
Michael J. Auger
http://Arty4ever.com

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
    • jessecohen.com
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2010, 11:07:09 AM »
Yes.  Welcome! :)

Offline Ozzirus

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:31 PM »
Hey everybody!, My name is Dennis and I'm an illustrator i guess you could say. From the moment i got my first pencil i always knew i wanted to be an artist, and later i decided to become an animator. I was totally a kid in the gaming age so sonic and Mario and other moving art influenced me. Due to unfortunate events i wasn't able to finish college. I been out of school for years and i was kinda down about it, but something happened once i stopped going. I decided that books made me feel smarter so i began to read more and to learn from tutorials and other informative tools. Then i started to collect comics i was captivated by the wide array of stories they could tell. i also read about so many other artist making books and reaping benefits without school. I had always flirted with the idea of making a comic but now more than ever i am seeing sequential arts awesome power. So now begins my journey to get off my depressed ass and do something about my life and follow my dream.

Offline Arty4ever

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
  • Custom Illustration, Design & Offbeat Fine Art
    • View Profile
    • Arty4ever.com - Hire a freelance artist!
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2010, 06:49:47 AM »
Welcome to artdc.org!

Be sure to check out the DC Conspiracy section of the forum. 
That's where the comic creators hang out.   
 ;)
Michael J. Auger
http://Arty4ever.com

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
    • jessecohen.com
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2010, 10:47:22 AM »
Ozzirus, welcome!!