Author Topic: Help with perspective  (Read 1603 times)

Offline daisy4me

• View Profile
Help with perspective
« on: March 21, 2005, 02:29:31 PM »
Can I learn to draw and sketch in 2d and 3d without taking a class? I want to learn this so bad!! Someone please help!!!

Smiles
Holly

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
Books.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 02:37:11 PM »
Basic Perspective Drawing : A Visual Approach sounds like a good book.   Check  at amazon for others.

I'm sure you could teach your self.  What books do you all suggest?

ttavenne

Help with perspective
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 04:02:28 PM »
I'm not sure what sorts of things your interested in learning, but if you just want to learn to draw "realistically" then the best thing you can do is to just start drawing. Setup a still life in your room, grab some paper and a pencil and try to draw it. The more you draw the better you'll get. The most important thing is to look at your drawings when you are done, compare them to the subject, and try and figure out what you did well and what you didn't do well.

One of the best pieces of advice I can give for drawing and painting though, is to forget that you are drawing an object. You need to think of it as a series of planes that meet. Then think about the way they meet. Is it a curve or a hard edge?

Unfortunately I have always had the luxury of school for art. But some of the books I have used as references for figure drawing are:

Dynamic Figure Drawing

Anatomy for the Artist

--->Tommy