Author Topic: Artomatic Artists- Need your help for silent auction  (Read 1263 times)

Offline droblyen

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
Artomatic Artists- Need your help for silent auction
« on: July 06, 2012, 08:46:10 PM »
I know this is a shot in the dark, but I feel a kinship with all you folks for the last several months we've shared Artomatic, and frankly, I am hoping you are all like me in terms of helping other artists in need.
A dear friend of mine just lost her 14 year old son in an accidental shooting yesterday in Columbus, Ohio. http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/07/06/teen-boy-killed-after-sleepover.html
As I feel completely helpless as to how I can best support the family, I have discussed with some family friends how to best assist this family during this excruciatingly difficult time. As Jodi, Noah's mother, is a tremendous artist herself, the best way I know to help her directly is to reach out to other artists. My thought is that if you don't mind donating work for a silent auction that will be held in Columbus several weeks from now, the proceeds could help Noah's family with the cost of the arrangements and to provide a little comfort in lessening the impact of details. This is a new idea with her artist friends, so time/date has yet to be determined. If anyone at all is interested, please contact me directly at jennifer.droblyen@gmail.com for more information. I plan on either driving the work over (I live in Alexandria) or if it makes more sense to have you ship to the family contact there, we can figure it out as it goes. For now, please contact me directly if there is any interest, and I'll work out the details in the coming weeks. Everything is too soon at this point, but we'll get there. I am anticipating the event to be well attended as Jodi owns a gallery in the Short North area, and she and her family is well loved by the community there.

Anyway, moderators, forgive the open request, but I wasn't sure where this request would fit in the forum.

Offline droblyen

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
Re: Artomatic Artists- Need your help for silent auction
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:44:44 PM »
Hi again,
Here is the Facebook page for the event if anyone is interested in participating: https://www.facebook.com/events/389219344476350/
It will be held on Saturday, August 25 at 4pm in Columbus, OH. Details on the page.

Please share if you know anyone in the Columbus area who might be interested in attending the event, or if you'd like to donate an item, please feel free to contact me directly at jennifer.droblyen@gmail.com.
Thanks so much!