Author Topic: i've been brashed :) :)  (Read 6823 times)

Offline ArtByAWang

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • Art By A Wang
Re: i've been brashed :) :)
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 07:25:42 AM »
I suggest that all those who've posted her poems remove the images and transcriptions in the spirit of her great contribution. 

I concur with Jesse.  Please respect Brash's wishes and remove any photos of her poems.  It is the right thing to do.
James Wang, Abstract Mixed Media Artist
artbyawang@gmail.com

Offline TammyVitale

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • Women, Art, Life:  Weaving It All Together
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 07:41:44 AM »
Dear Brash:  know that Tracey Lee does NOT NOT NOT NOT speak for me - I can speak for myself.  Rules are guidelines - you are not a registered attendee but you have enchanted and enhanced my ArtOMatic experiences since I started (I think in 2002).  Reading here you can easily see that many more than I (and I only and always speak for myself) feel the same way.  You are a treasure.  I do not want to lose you.

That said, please take a deep breath and take care of yourself.  This should be as magical for you in all your generosity as it is for those of us who receive your gifts.  I want others to experience the power of your words.  Having received so much from you in the past, I would happily give up future gifts to newbies if that would ease your burden.

Don't make yourself crazy.

And don't let others make you crazy either.
sculpture for your hearth and soul

Offline BRASH

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
Thanks all for everything. It s gonna be a good day. This artistic has been harder on me than past - for one I usually don't go batopoop crazy until toward the end but I have had bad days a few times already. But it's okay. It's part of the process.... Anyway I have to get moving and get down to where else?? Just want to say that copyright is only one issue but it's the one I need to be vocal about because of the legal stuff I am bout in charge of.... It does make me feel like. I have a smaller heart to have to deal with that.... Thanks for understanding.    And just in case I implied that my many issues are toward the snooty side: it actually did "bother" me more that a mistake I made (I am making a lot this year!) made it unclear which image the poem sole to, or rather which image spoke to the poem..... 
Anyway, it's very touching and appreciated all of what you are saying  and doing for me and artmatic but me not go crazy? I am a big bag o' crazy!

Mostly in a good way I hope....

Offline Russ!

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Surreal Art of Russ McIntosh
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »
Brash, is there anyway to get a copy of the poem that was stolen from my space?
Surreal Art That Entices The Mind
http://www.RussMcIntosh.com

Offline jennifer

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
    • View Profile
    • jennifer beinhacker - art outside the edge
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 10:04:48 AM »
hey brash-i'm happy you are feeling better  :hug:
your gal pal, jennifer
jennifer beinhacker
"art outside the edge"
http://jenniferbeinhacker.com/home.html

flickr.com : http://www.flickr.com/photos/30462932@N07/

Offline jmerchlinsky

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »
Just an observation.  Messengers arriving in ALL CAPS...  More likely to be shot.

What would jfc do?  chill

Offline maryjartist

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 06:12:53 AM »
I was delighted to see my very first BRASH posted on my space last Thursday.  I decided to take it down because I saw that others were disappearing and I would have been pretty upset if mine was taken. 

A great idea was suggested: copy the poem and put the copy of the poem back on my space. This way I won't be devastated when it is removed by???!??!!!??? not sure.

Keep on trucking BRASH.  You brilliance and generosity is greatly appreciated. 

Offline dagamon

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 06:58:59 AM »
That's the thing, it's confusing to me as to why anyone would ever take a Brash (sorry, Brash, you have become a noun referencing your own poetry). It's a poem referencing a specific piece of art, or a collection. Without this context, the poem itself is less than what it was intended.

That being said, Artomatic has an incredible propensity to bring out the freaks, so who knows?

Offline ArtByAWang

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • Art By A Wang
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 07:55:29 AM »
That being said, Artomatic has an incredible propensity to bring out the freaks, so who knows?

Unfortunately, it does....
James Wang, Abstract Mixed Media Artist
artbyawang@gmail.com

Offline Arty4ever

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
  • Custom Illustration, Design & Offbeat Fine Art
    • View Profile
    • Arty4ever.com - Hire a freelance artist!
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 08:12:31 AM »
The rules of Artomatic clearly state that visitors and participants may photograph or video any part of the event.  (There are even promo videos and lots of posters that encourage it.)  However, this does not change copyright law grounded in the U.S. Constitution. By default, an artist retains all copyrights and any other intangible rights to the artwork they create. All intangible rights to the work including use of artwork as the basis for derivative works (including photography) are retained by the artist.

Therefore, BRASH has the right to make the request AND Artomatic can't be held responsible for the actions of it's guests and participants if they refuse to follow BRASH's request.    

Any time an artist creates something they have 2 options. They can keep their artwork safe and unseen or display it in public with all the plusses and minuses that that entails.  I'm pretty sure that BRASH understands the risk but is just hoping for a small courtesy of an email request from anyone who wants to copy and repost poetry.  Chances are that BRASH will grant permission to your request but asking is the polite thing to do.

PS - I really enjoy the poem left for me this year. Keep up the good work BRASH. It wouldn't be Artomatic without you!  
Michael J. Auger
http://Arty4ever.com

Offline latinpop

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
    • GASCOT.COM
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 12:26:08 AM »
I too was Brashed and was so flattered about it I posted a photo of the poem along with the piece it was intended for and a link to Brash's blog on my blog.
No harm meant, just wanted to share such a lovely gift with my readers.
Artomatic is such a massive public happening that it never even occurred to me the author would not want it shared with others.

That said, I respect the request and have just deleted my blog post.

Offline BRASH

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
I really don't mean to be stingy about the poems. I just need to keep track of what happens to them. That's why I ask -- well, maybe my wording hasn't been of the best choicinessability.....

I had an intention to repost all the early poems because of them disappearing, plus the mistakes I made in not listing the artwork's title, and other reasons. It would actually be easier to post them all than to figure out which ones need reposting....

But there's a bit of sinisterness going on and I'm not sure I will be able to do this, but we'll see....

A bit of good news, perhaps --- my kickstarter project has been approved and has been launched. Please if you like what I do, check it out, and spread the word. I am going to add the link to my brashandgrunge blog, which ineptly explains the music part of the project, so it might be easier to refer people to that link (it's already on all the poems) or here, both of which are infinitely easier to type in than this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1422805691/brash-at-artomatic-poetry-and-self-generating-musi

Thanks to all who support me and send positive energy my way. Artomatic is over halfway done, and traditionally I didn't start losing my mind for about another week or so, but as it's already been happening throughout this run, I need all the positivity I can feel or find!

BRASH

PS If anybody needs a protection beastl let me know.

Offline BRASH

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
I am glad I am also a noun along with being an adjective by nature and verbed a few years ago (as evidenced in the title of this thread....).

It has also come to my attention that many have described me as an asset of artomatic. I wish to inform you that if you have been saying or writing this that in the future you would please refer to me by the correct spelling, which is: Assette of Artomatic (or actually, why stop there? Universe also works for me....)

Update on my blog: for some reason the administration function is disabled so I can't update it. I don't have time right now to figure out what the problem is. I'll put the link up on my facebook wall....

Offline hagenillustration

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
    • hagenillustration
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
I got to hug the teddy bear this weekend!

Offline AHendricks

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »
oh...so THAT was Brash ....wow.

Offline BRASH

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »

Oh dear, does that mean you were disappointed? I am generally a bit (or a lot) of a letdown in reality to what the lore about me portrays....

That said, if you didn indeed meet me, you are obligated to the following:

When (not if) someone talks about me, you must say at least three things about me, two of which should be lies and one of which should be true. (I used to also add that the truth should be more outrageous than the lies, but that has seemed to put a damper on the truly outrageous lies that get back to me....)

Be well. Hope you get back to artomatic a few times before it closes.

Offline Terry

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terry Sitz
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 03:14:13 PM »
So do you like to keep your identity a secret? Which I assumed? I saw you putting up poems on my shift one day and intentionally ignored it so I did not interfere with your magic*

Offline Rogerrr

• Uber Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2012, 08:01:03 AM »
Brash can appear in any form she wishes - like Zeus, but with better communication skills

she once turned me into a newt

Offline droblyen

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2012, 08:05:23 AM »
Brash,

From a real humbled fan writing, it is truly a gift that you took your valuable time to look at my work and then use more of your valuable time write something so accurate and poignant. Then to take even more of your precious time to relocate my wall to post your work, your process and your glorious words on a simple piece of copy paper is art of the highest standard. Receiving your poem is not only an honor, it is a gift which I am thankful for.  

I hope everyone can appreciate the time, thought, and wonderful offerings this artist has given to us, the artists, and to Artomatic, the experience.

Offline AHendricks

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »

Oh dear, does that mean you were disappointed? I am generally a bit (or a lot) of a letdown in reality to what the lore about me portrays....

That said, if you didn indeed meet me, you are obligated to the following:

When (not if) someone talks about me, you must say at least three things about me, two of which should be lies and one of which should be true. (I used to also add that the truth should be more outrageous than the lies, but that has seemed to put a damper on the truly outrageous lies that get back to me....)

Be well. Hope you get back to artomatic a few times before it closes.

No, not disappointed ...wow as if you walked into McDonalds and saw Elvis sharing a burger with JFK.