Author Topic: Rebecca & Eric's big bacon adventure  (Read 716 times)

Offline rebecca

• Uber Poster
    • View Profile
    • meanlouise.com
Rebecca & Eric's big bacon adventure
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:44:18 PM »
For the 1st time since 2004 I have time to have fun at artomatic. (Crazy!) and a little time to actually start a thread to share my artomatic adventures (crazier!)

Since the art was installed I still haven't been on all of the floors, but I've had lots of fun on the floors I've seen and opening night was pretty insane.

I'm thrilled with the recognition Roger's Dinosaur is getting and how much all of the visitors I was eavesdropping on are enjoying the creativity that went into creating the different installation spaces (in the sense of every artist's site, not just actual art installations).

I loved 2008 & 2009, don't get me wrong, but my heart really lies with the events in the teardown spaces. I like the creativity that flows from working with the building environment more than the way that the partitions forced an environment on the artists. Those open spaces and partitions only yielded to a point and while challenges are good, 2 of those shows back to back were enough for my tastes.

I had a lot of fun creating our installation space on 10 and I sympathize with everyone who's complained about the short installation period - I worked down to the wire and dashed to target/home depot/etc at least 3 times on the last day and worked until 9:30 that last night of installation myself.

Last night we had loads of fun watching people interact with our room, seeing old friends, meeting other artists, and watching visitor interactions to the event in general. It was so great not to be working. I felt guilty a few times, but not guilty enough to put on an apron and stay ;-)

I made a sale last night and I've already bought 3 pieces from other artists (Dana Ellyn, Jared Davis & Caitlin).

There's a LOT of great work and my top 10 picks list already has about 100 picks on it.

The most amazing thing of all, though, is something that happened at 7 a.m. on the 1st morning of site selection, when Christopher Hoppe walked up to me and told me he had a gallery show last year of paintings he did that were inspired by my 2009 installation. THAT is amazing and takes my breath away.
http://www.meanlouise.com
neither mean nor louise

Offline Perstef

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • perstef.com
Re: Rebecca & Eric's big bacon adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »
Wait, are you the bacon room?  I saw it today for the first time and can I tell you hands down best artist statement I've ever read at Artomatic.

Offline jennifer

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
    • View Profile
    • jennifer beinhacker - art outside the edge
Re: Rebecca & Eric's big bacon adventure
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 05:52:23 AM »
haven't gotten to see your space yet...but it's on my "must see" list!
congrats on the sale!!!!!!

i agree...roger's dinosaur is wild :)
jennifer beinhacker
"art outside the edge"
http://jenniferbeinhacker.com/home.html

flickr.com : http://www.flickr.com/photos/30462932@N07/

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
    • jessecohen.com