Author Topic: Artists I Couldn't Find/Other Issues  (Read 1661 times)

Offline BRASH

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
Artists I Couldn't Find/Other Issues
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:45:51 AM »
Sorry, I usually get to this sooner, so I can resolve all these issues before the show closes. Forgive me. I also made a lot more technical mistakes (name misspellings, titles of artwork missing, misposted poems) and seemed to cause a lot more headaches by my presence, so I hope I will be forgiven for all of that too.

As far as I can tell, every artist (and a few performers) got "brashed" so to speak. If you did not get a poem it may have been stolen, so please contact me and i will get you a replacement.

This is the list of artists who I couldn't find (CF), some of whom I have one conformation as not having participated. If anyone can either confirm (especially if they were actually there! -- there was some unidentified art near where Sydney Buffalow was listed), I will be grateful, even if I am "too late" to write a poem for them within the deadline of the show, I will still try to write them something. Some artists displayed under pseudonyms, group names, or otherwise (for example, Haiku Zombie on first floor, some of the interactive rooms on three and four). If you can associate their art with their name for me, that would be great too.  Thanks!

Carol Stanley   Aaron   2   108      
Al   G Medhin   1   132   CF   
Asad   Walker   1   172   CF   
Mike   Sitzman   4   364   CF   
elizabeth   baldwin   4      CF   
Thomas   Brown   8   236   CF   
Dave   Norman   9   104   CF   
Rebecca   Gold   9   127   CF   
Travis   Johnson   10   120   CF   
Patrick   King   11   123   CF   
Padmaja   Attota   11   310   CF   WAS TOLD THIS IS THE SAME AS ANIL CS RAO, BUT I MAY HAVE MISUNDERSTOOD THE NOTE
Isagus   Tausch         CF   
David   Beers         CF   
Judith   Nadler         CF   
Kelly   Neibert         CF   
Z   Alzaruba         CF   
Maribeth   Egan         CF   
Emma   Scott         CF   
Vanessa   Levesque         CF   
Joshua   Phipps         CF   
Erika   Parker         CF   
Lorelei   Brown         CF   
Sean   Madden         CF   
Michael   Pierce         CF   
Kenneth   Heyman         CF   
Susie   Hooban         CF   
Tammy A.   Barnes         CF   
Melody   Wiswell         CF   
Larry   Janezich         CF

Sydney   Buffalow   1   148   NH   NH
theresa   hemmen   2   99   NH   NH
Darnell   Goldsmith         NH   
Carl   Leonard         NH   
Christy   Lin         NH   
Ariel   D'Onofrio         NH   
Ben   Droz   8   100      EARLY DEINSTALL

Lastly, here are a few artists who did get a poem but for the poem did not get delivered. I will try to contact them directly, but if you have contact info for them or can tell them to contact me, I would appreciate it.

Sal Ferro (poem written after AOM closed)
Joe Dzikiewicz (poem written after AOM closed)
Alexandra Chiou (poem written in notebooks but did not get typed up)
Amy Carlisle  (poem written in notebooks but did not get typed up)
Elizabeth Brown  (poem written in notebooks but did not get typed up)

Lastly (for real), there were three participants in the AOM 500 whose names I didn't get and so I did not get to give them a copy of the group poem I wrote for that event. One was the boy who ran with "Art Attack" and the other two were a mother/daughter duo named Marie (Swimming Against the Stream) and Victoria (Peanutbutter and Jelly Fish). If anybody knows how I can get in touch with them, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks to all for being part of Artomatic!

BRASH

« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:23:26 PM by BRASH »

Offline flightless

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
    • Extinct Flightless Arts Collective
Re: Artists I Couldn't Find/Other Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
We found your closing-night handwritten poem in the Glow Room (8-132) but I don't think the artist who was registered for that room ever actually showed up.  She apparently painted the little room black but then never installed any art, so we got permission from the Events committee to use the space.  We brought hundreds of different-colored cyalume bracelets and let visitors decorate the room (and their bodies) as they liked -- it ended up being a great little interactive project!

-- Extinct Flightless Arts Collective

Offline BRASH

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Artists I Couldn't Find/Other Issues
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »
We found your closing-night handwritten poem in the Glow Room (8-132) but I don't think the artist who was registered for that room ever actually showed up.  She apparently painted the little room black but then never installed any art, so we got permission from the Events committee to use the space.  We brought hundreds of different-colored cyalume bracelets and let visitors decorate the room (and their bodies) as they liked -- it ended up being a great little interactive project!

-- Extinct Flightless Arts Collective

Then the poem is for you! I'll change the reference in my typed up version! (I like to think that maybe someday the handwritten version will be worth something --- especially if the back is blank and can be used as scrap paper....) <smirk>

BRASH