Author Topic: Frank Shepard Fairey Accused  (Read 3480 times)

Offline fotoobscura

• Patron
  • Uber Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zoom.sh
Re: Frank Shepard Fairey Accused
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 06:31:08 PM »
I'm with Barry, this sort of thing has been replayed too many times.  These plagiarists all have very telling signatures.  Namely, that they are repeat offenders and that they get away with a lot more thievery than they've actually stolen.

Finally, Barry's point on the propaganda is a score in general.  This is clearly inspired from Russian propaganda posters which used sharp lines, typography, and *especially* blue and red, shadowing, oblong angles... 

Whatever, the art community already knows he's a jackass so really his career is fucked.  Everything he does from now on will be constantly compared to someone else under assumption of theft.

Which would indeed suck for him, and maybe even make me cry a little if he actually chooses to do his own art work.

But no, not really about the cry part.

Offline theartmonkey

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 07:46:49 AM »
"Monkey see, monkey do"

Great popartshooter, glad to see we are all mature here and willing to hear other's opinions without accusing those with differing opinions of plagiarism, etc etc.

Offline evmarinucci

• Patron
  • Established Poster
  • ALL SYSTEMS GO
    • View Profile
    • evmarinucci.com
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 07:47:46 AM »
hahaha!

A friend of mine sent me this.  He started with an illustration from my web site (that didn't belong to a customer, artmonk).  Says he's going to donate any proceeds to charity. 

(I'm going to sue you if I see this on a t-shirt, Phil.)

ev marinucci

Offline PopArt Shooter

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »
"Monkey see, monkey do"

Great popartshooter, glad to see we are all mature here and willing to hear other's opinions without accusing those with differing opinions of plagiarism, etc etc.

I agree. Unfortunately, the link to the short video that I posted was unable to play so your response is without context but freely sharing differing opinions is a wonderful thing.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:32:52 AM by PopArt Shooter »