Author Topic: Donations to exist and grow.  (Read 9412 times)

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
Donations to exist and grow.
« on: July 07, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »
We are excited to learn how artdc.org and artdc's activities have been a positive asset to many local artists.  The existence of this budding organization is costly, from hosting, to advertising, and to the future organizational expenses, costs add up. 

Currently not including our valuable time, we've spent:

Web costs range $250+ per year.
Advertising         $110+ for 1000 post cards.
                        $220+ for 4,000 stickers.
Random extra things like artdc.org bags and swag $150

Future organizational costs will cost some where from $2,000 to 6,000 depending on what we status we chose to persue.

Our co-op studio also costs around $12,000 yearly.

We have big fund raising goals, and would like your help!

We would appreciate your gift to aid our efforts.  We are not non-profit, so it is not tax deductible.

For artists who decide to give a gift over $35 we will return a one time 30 day gift of forum banner space at the bottom of the site, and a posting in our forum support topic which we will create at that point.  Artist support of $1000 or more will recive free banner space for 12 months of their personal artist web page.

Business and corporate gifts over $250 will also get a one time 30 day banner space.  We will offer discounts for bulk corporate advertising on artdc.org!

You can pay through google check out on the forum index!

Alternatives to cash gifts are quite possible.  We would be happy to accept stickers, postcards, or other orders of our promo materials via your payment directly to our vendors like overnightprints.com or contagiousgraphics.com]PayPal.  Contact me directly if you are interested.

Edit: added paypal link. and fixed typo on the number of purchased post cards from 100 to 1000
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:18:25 PM by Jesse »

Offline Joseph Barbaccia

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.paradisestudio.com
Re: Donations to exist and grow.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 06:43:58 AM »
Jesse,

What's the pixel size (H x W) of the banner? Is there a limit to file size (How many MBs)? Can I use Flash? If there are no other advertisers, does a banner stay up past 30 days until someone else buys one?

~Joseph
Joseph Barbacccia

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:51:25 AM »
For now it's the standard 468w x 60h @ 72dpi.  There is the capability to do flash, we haven't implemented a flash banner yet, but I'd be willing to give it a shot.  We would like to set a limit on size.  Since the forum alone averages 1000's of page views a day, banners in the mb range would seriously eat up band width and slow down page transfer.  We're flexible, but I'd like to see the banners under 200k and optimized for the web.  The goal is to use banner space for a reward for monthly sponsorship.  There will always be a sponsor artdc banner in the mix, unless we're over crowded for banner space. 

Offline Joseph Barbaccia

• Mid-Career Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.paradisestudio.com
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 12:19:25 PM »
Jesse,

Sounds just about right to me. Does the banner appear on the bottom of all forums?

~J
Joseph Barbacccia

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 01:23:21 PM »
Excellent.  Yes.  The banner invocation code is at the bottom of the template, so it should show durring every page view, at the index, the topic listings, individual topics, and the index of the home page. 

(ps.  I included the invocation code on my personal home page, so they will show there too!)...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 02:47:06 PM by Jesse »

Offline hmsart

• Established Poster
    • View Profile
    • Heather M Schmaedeke
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 03:53:29 PM »
Hi Jesse,
I see that we pay through the paypal link you've set up.  Should the banner be emailed to you?  Are gif animations alright?
-Heather  :smt102

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 04:07:51 PM »
Yes.  That would be great.  The documentation allows for flash files, gif, jpeg or png.  Though I don't see any specific reference to .gif animations.  I'll be glad to upload it and give it a shot first if that effects your decision. 

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 11:18:22 AM »
To keep things public, we received $355.00 in gifts from Artists in the year of 2006.  This is a big deal.  It's great to know that several active members of artdc.org beleive in things enough to open their wallets.  Now it's time for corporations, individuals, art lovers, and the patrons of art to start!

Our campaign for support only started in July, so we look forward to the possibilities of '07.  We haven't developed an active marketing campaign as of yet, so we're really proud of your interest in continuing this site.  December was a ground breaking month with over 1.4 million hits.  We expect to see this excellent level of activity continue with bright hopes for the future of DC's art scene.

For '07 we would like to develop corporate support, a real structure, and continue developing our marketing plan!

If you would like to support artdc.org through non-financial means, we would be interested in finding several people to aid our marketing efforts.

Offline ARTSETW

• Emerging!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 01:56:29 PM »
I might like to buy banner space for the upcoming Kreeger Museum Gene Davis show, as well as for the ColorField Remix project. Can I decide what months the banners stay up?
Thanks,
Eileen (info@eileenwold.com)

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 02:35:40 PM »
Yes!  I have plans to put a limitation on the number of banners in the mix so everyone get's their value out of things.  Possibly 10 artist banners max per month.  So if you are first come first serve, by all means you can pick which months you buy!  Feel free to email me or PM.

Offline evmarinucci

• Patron
  • Established Poster
  • ALL SYSTEMS GO
    • View Profile
    • evmarinucci.com
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 02:49:18 PM »
This is probably not the place - and I know I saw it on this forum somewhere but can't find it now.  Isn't there a link back to artdc.org where I can put a banner for artdc on my own site?  (Ha!  - In leu of paying to become a member right now since I am broke!!  But the membership money coming soon...I promise - and not one of my flakey well intentioned promises that paves my road into hell again either, this time, but a true and ernest promise that probably really should happen soon, I hope...er...anyway...)

I am too lazy to dig throught the source and write it myself.
Thanks    ~ev
ev marinucci

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »
Thank you! and Good points!
I'd love to see more people fly our banners.
We have two that you can work with at the moment, but we could create more to fit your specific applications. 

468x60

or

150x300

You can link both to http://artdc.org/forum/index.php?action=forum

or

http://artdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=4860

I'll look into developing some html code that will work through our adserver software so we can track the clicks too!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:45:07 PM by Jesse »

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 04:43:42 PM »
Welcome to '09, a new year to accomplish many things.  We have a lot planned, and we need your support.  In '08 we started tracking the dates of patron memberships, so we could do a better job of asking our wonderful patrons to renew and keep the support moving forward while making sure that member get a full 12 month membership instead of allowing to be retro active.

We ask all patrons from '06, and '07 to renew if you haven't already.  Sadly, If you don't you'll lose access to the patron member's board, and any other patron member benifits as membership is Anual. 

We look forward to adding to the DC community and appreciate all of your help!

Offline funkergirl

• Uber Poster
  • white wave
    • View Profile
    • jlvart.com
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
i will be renewing as soon as i get paid again... unfortunately getting locked out my apartment the other day, and needing a locksmith, then taking the pup to the vet, has me very spent at the moment  :smt073
cheers, darlin

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »
Oh my!  What a tough day!  We can wait! 
I hope your dog gets well!

Offline Jesse

• Administrator
  • Uber Poster
  • Networking Art!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »
artdc.org we appreciate all of your support!